This page provides links to Indigenous / Koorie career information.
- Indigenous Australian Engineering Summer School (IAESS) happens every January. A fantastic opportunity to join like-minded people in a week of engineering fun. If you are good at maths and science, but also like to be hands on with machinery or practical tools and like to tackle challenging problems, then you may be just the person they are looking for! Take charge of your life and find out more at: www.sydney.edu.au/engineering/iaess (or see your Careers Advisor at school). Applications usually close early November.
Aboriginal Employment Strategy Ltd
- The Aboriginal Employment Strategy Ltd is a not-for-profit recruitment company aimed at the placement and training of young indigenous people. The AES is managed entirely by indigenous people. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.aes.org.au
School Based Traineeships – Banks
- Each year school based traineeships in banks (various locations) are offered to indigenous students. The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) has many years experience in the employment industry and is 100 % Indigenous managed, Being wholly Indigenous gives AES the “Know How” to match the right Career Seeker with the right opportunities to achieve great retention rate. Complete an enrolment form at: http://www.aes.org.au/content/expression-interest
Shepparton Indigenous Contact Information
- KEE – Koorie Employment Enterprise – 31 Wyndham Street Shepparton – 58311335
- Aboriginal Community Art Gallery 58211433
- Academy of Sport Health Education (ASHE) 58236600
- Bangerang Cultural Centre 58311020
- Ganbina 58217333
- GOTAFE Koorie Unit 58332540
- Indigenous YTSI (Youth Transitions) 58316157
- Rumbalara Cooperative 58252111
- Rumbalara Football Netball Club 58224371
- VAEAI Wurreker Broker 58209600
- If you are considering attending Latrobe University in Shepparton then Michael Chisholm is your friendly Indigenous Student Services Officer he can be contacted on Mobile: 0488 928 111 or Phone: 03 5821 8450 or Fax: 03 5821 8176. Web: www.latrobe.edu.au/shepparton/
UNSW Indigenous Winter School
- Each year UNSW (University of New South Wales) run the Nura Gili Indigenous Program for Indigenous high school students (years 10, 11 and 12) from across Australia. This one-week program is designed to introduce students to University life in a fun and informative way. The program usually runs in July each year and applications close mid May. Details can be found at www.nuragili.unsw.edu.au.
Charles Sturt University “Darrambal” Program
University of Melbourne
- For info about studying at the University of Melbourne click on University of Melbourne.
Charcoal Lane (Restaurant / Cafe / Private Dining Room / Functions)
- The name ‘Charcoal Lane’, documented in an Archie Roach (a prominent Aboriginal performer) song, has significant meaning as a local meeting place in Victorian Aboriginal history. Originally, Charcoal Lane was the location of a briquette factory in the Fitzroy-Collingwood area where Aboriginal people went, often after work, to come together to share knowledge and socialise. To find out more about Charcoal Lane visit www.charcoallane.com.au or call 0394183400.
Monash – Summer Camp
- Each year the Monash Indigenous Student Services Unit (ISSU) host a fully-funded four day, three night summer camp for Indigenous students. Information regarding the camp and other information pertaining to Monash can be located at Monash University..
Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship
- Each year Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students can apply for scholarships in the following health areas: Aboriginal health work, Allied health, Dentristry/oral health, Medicine, Midwifery & Nursing. Full details at Puggy Hunter Scholarships or free call 1800 688 628..The link to apply for the scholarship is usually active from July to September.