What has that got to do with careers? A whole lot!
Employers of some work experience students in our region had to spray air freshener each time the student left the room to dispel the stench.
Maybe I exaggerate, but I never let the truth get in the way of a good story!!
HONESTLY, bad body odour is not what you want to be remembered for when you finish work experience or walk in to ask about a job.
What can be done?
EVERY day you should:
- shower (with a cake of soap),
- wash your hair (with shampoo),
- wear clean clothes (including knickers/jocks),
- try deodorant on your armpits (it truly helps).
- sprinkle foot powder in shoes – this can also combat odours
- brush your teeth – this is another orifice where smelly bacteria can lurk!
- avoid drowning yourself in aftershave or perfume, some bosses find this to be almost as offensive as bad body odour – subtlety is the key!
- avoid (if possible) wearing materials which grab onto odour – polypropylene is guilty of doing this.
Here is my Youtube clip about body odour.