If you have one of the aboveÂ roles, what are your RESPONSIBILITIES within that role?
- Member of a committee / sub-committee?
- Captain / Vice Captain?
What is YOUR story? Your story is UNIQUE and worth telling.
Here is John’s story (as an EXAMPLE).
- John, what what responsibilities do you have at school? I am a member of the SRC
- What do you do in that role? I go to meetings.
- What happens there? We plan events.
- What is your role in the group? Listening mostly, but I like to come up with ideas.
- What ideas? Like the theme for the school social.
- What else do you do? We set up the hall for the school social, and we cleaned up afterwards. We also sold pancakes for pancake day.Â
- What did you when making pancakes? I dished them up and put them on plates, and squirted on the honey and sugar. Then we tidied up.
- What would the other SRC members say about you? That I come up with good ideas, and I like doing the practical stuff.
Here is what John could write in his resume..
Still stuck? Here’s a few ideas. Do you?
- Organise things? (Events, VCE Jumpers, Fund raising, other activities)
- Liaise with people? (with staff, community, parents, businesses)
- Public Speak? (assemblies, ceremonies eg. ANZAC, events)
- Handle Money? (counting, banking, balancing)
- Work Hands-on? (food preparation, advertising, telephoning, ordering goods, cleaning up)