Whether you babysit smaller children for love or money, it is a very responsible job, and one that looks fabulous on a school student's resume!
Tell Your Story…
The best way to find YOUR skills in the Child Care area is to tell YOUR story.
What does that mean?
I provide Jessie’s story as an EXAMPLE, remember to tell YOUR story step by step AND include what other people think about your role in your story….
- When Janet calls me to babysit I will put the date on my phone and a note on the fridge.
- When I get there I talk to Janet about the kids and what she wants me to do
- Any special instructions are written on a sheet of paper and put on the fridge, along with emergency contact numbers.
- Usually, Cassie gets upset when Mum & Dad leave, so I have to settle her down. I can often do this by letting her watch her favourite DVD.
- I will cook dinner for the kids (if needed) and tidy the kitchen. I will clean up the mess the kids make.
- Sometimes I have to run a bath, give them a bath, and change them into their PJs.
- I put the kids to bed and read them a story.
- I leave the night light on for Adam as he doesn’t like the dark.
- I watch TV or do some homework when the kids are asleep.
- Janet probably thinks that I am pretty reliable, because I have been babysitting her kids for a long time. The kids like me too, as I tend to spoil them.
Jessie could write something like this in her resume….
Jessie may also be able to use words or phrases like these in her resume:
- Reading and following instructions
- Preparing baby formula
- Changing nappies
- Bathing children
- Reading to children
- Putting children to bed
- Playing educational games
- Cooking/preparing/serving meals
- Administering medications
- Resolving conflicts
- Feeding/caring for pets
Can you think of anything else?
Babysitting is a very responsible job.
You are totally aware, right, that parents won't leave their kids with just anyone?? Just checking!
Here are some written examples about Baby Sitting.
- A reliable and punctual to my babysitting jobs. I regularly care for children ranging in ages from 1 to 10.
- I can feed, bath, bed and be responsible for small children when babysitting for friends and family.
- In high demand for babysitting jobs because I am thorough, conscientious and can keep a level head in emergency situations.
- Babysitting is more than just watching the TV, I like to read stories, play board games, supervise activities on outside play equipment and check school work.
- Can be relied upon to care and look after children of varying ages for extended periods of time. Able to follow instructions and leave the house tidy when I leave.